Postcards 8 Old Postcards Train Plane Ferry Ship 2 Real Photo + 1 Ferry Griffin WI "Vacationland" MI Steam Shovel Panama
Here are 9 old postcards with a transportation theme. 2 of them are real photo cards:
- Real photo of the Ferry Griffin, Washington Island, Wis. M25 - postally unused - excellent condition
- 1908 Real Photo of ships in the Thames River, London, with sun setting behind Towers Bridge in background entitled "Close of Day" - postally used - Bottom back reads: This card is a Real Photograph on Bromide Paper The Rotograph Co., N.Y. City Printed in England - embossed area around image and very light uniform indents at corners are either original to the card or possibly as a result of being in an album with corner mounts? - very slightly bumped corners, very good condition.
- undivided back circa 1901-1907 - postally unused - Steam Shovel J.L. Maduro, jr. Photographer, Colon (Panama near the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal) This is probably one of the steam shovels the US used to dig the canal - The card is made up of 3 layers of paper which have separated at the upper right corner area. There is remnant of old price sticker (gummed label) upper left corner; small 1/8" tear in top layer of paper at edge upper left; wrinkles in lower right corner. All else in good condition.
- State Auto Ferry "Vacationland" Straits of Mackinac (world's largest and most powerful ice-crushing Auto Ferry operated between 1923-1957 before the Mackinac Bridge was built) - unused - Genuine Curteich-Chicago "C.T. Art Colortone" - has a woven look to the surface - thumb tack hole top center, excellent condition otherwise
- 1942 - used - Loading Bombs, U.S. Army Air Corps bomber plane, official photo US Army Air Corps no. 339 - has creases, black marks on back, postal marks on front, bumped corners, only fair condition
- 1942 - used - Reed's Indian Pictures no. 4 - Indian spear fishing from canoe - bumped corners, slight wrinkles one edge, good condition
- Antique Automobiles, Henry Ford Museum - unused - Curteichcolor 3-D Natural Color Reproduction - 3 thumb tack holes top center, excellent condition otherwise
- Train coming though a tunnel with envelope on front that reads: Greetings from Bala (probably Ontario Canada). It opens to reveal a small lanscape picture that reads: General View. Back has been written on in a language other than English but it is postally unsent. Color layer is worn away on corners, long crease upper right, fair condition.
- Cunard Line RMS Queen Elizabeth - this is NOT a postcard. This is the +1 item. We included it here since it's about the same size as postcards and it's transportation related too... back reads: The Cunard Steam-Ship Company Limited - Abstract of the Log of R.M.S. "Queen Elizabeth" - Commodore F.G. Watts, RD., R.N.R. - New York to Southampton via Cherbourg - July, 1964. Then gives dates, distances achieved each day, latitude and longitude, weather, etc. Just a bit larger than a postcard at 4-1/8" x 6.5". Printed in England. Corners are bumped, very good condition otherwise.
$18.00 Shipping $4.00 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only