10 pc BAKELITE STOCK 1940s Chunk Handle Rod Pipe Stem Jewelry Making Art Crafts
Lot of 10 vintage pieces of old bakelite phenolic stock. All test positive for bakelite with Simichrome except the black piece which leave black residue instead of the typical brown to yellow. All were purchased together in a huge lot of the same types of pieces from a liquidation sale about 40+ years ago.
They remain as they were manufactured or machined: some cut, some polished, some left as molded, some cracks, some with saw marks, flashing, rough edges, etc. Some surfaces have scratches/dull spots etc. from the manufacturing or storage. Descriptions and measurements in inches below. See photos.
- Marbled butterscotch curved wing shape - 4-1/8 x 1-7/8 and 3/4 at thickest edge tapering to 1/8.
- Emerald green curved handle type - 4-1/8 x 1/2. 1/2 thick at ends. 1/4 thick in center.
- Red curved handle type - 3.25 x 3/8. Ends drilled.
- Butterscotch handle type - 3.75 and 3/4 wide tapering to 1/2. Narrow end is drilled.
- Emerald green handle type - 2-7/8 and 5/8 wide tapering to 3/8. Narrow end is drilled.
- Red handle type - 2-7/8 and 5/8 wide tapering to 3/8.
- Marbled butterscotch piece for pipe stem? short cigarette holder? - about 1.5 long (not including flashing end of mold) and about 5/8 thick at larger end tapering to mouthpiece end which is 1/2" wide x 1/4" thick.
- Red curvy decanter handle type drilled for metal pins at both ends. A pin is stuck in the top opening - 5.5 long x 1/2 thick. Width varies.
- Black cylinder rod - 6.25 long x 1.5 diameter.
- Marbled butterscotch rounded cylinder roller drum - metal rod fixed in the center - Bakelite is 1-3/8 diameter x 1 thick. Roller is 1-5/8 wide to ends of metal.
Great stuff for making jewelry, knobs, sculpture and other artistic projects.
$24.99 Shipping $8.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only