Rare 1897 Temple Dramatists 1st Doctor Faustus Christopher Marlowe Dent Gollancz
Rare 1897 first edition of The Temple Dramatists: Marlowe's Doctor Faustus
- Title: The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus.
- A Play written by Christopher Marlowe
- Printed by J. M. Dent and Company Aldine House London
- First Edition 1897
- Edited with preface, notes and glossary by Israel Gollancz, M.A.
- Series: The Temple Dramatists
- Title page has decorative red and black border
- Engraving of Faustus after Rembrandt with foxed tissue covering
- Brown leather binding with gilded ornamental cover impression showing an open book that reads DENT in the middle; Marlow's Faustus is impressed and gilded in spine; top of page edges are gilded; red marker ribbon
- 5-1/8" x 4"
- Preface lettered through xiii; 112 pages, 111 are numbered
- Condition: front cover not attached to book; leather is worn and missing at edges of spine, front and back covers and continues to flake; tear between spine and back cover at bottom edge; Penciled inscription on first page dated 1898 and last page with a signature: Dvorak (could it be the composer? or a different Dvorak?); light browning on first few pages and last few; tail end of red marker ribbon is faded to pink and almost worn away. Interior pages are in good condition.
- Thanks to a great internet reference... the only place I could find out anything about this book... Tarquin Tars Bookcase has more info about this book you might find useful.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping