Antique Bull Dog Electric Fuse Panel 10 Knife Switch Slate Copper Steampunk RarePlease note: Local pick-up and cash payment only for this 39 pound antique.
This antique Bull Dog electrical fuse panel was made by Mutual Electric & Machine Co. of Detroit.
- It has 10 circuits with single throw double pole knife switches.
- Each circuit uses 2 fuses, one for the ground and one for the power.
- Marked 250-125 Volts 30 Amps.
- Thick slate panel; copper bus bars; porcelain sockets glazed shiny black on outside; and bakelite handles.
- It measures 16" x 20" and slate about 1" thick.
- Marked on metal plate: Bull Dog The Switch With Powerful Jaws - Mutual Electric & Machine Co. Detroit, Mich. U.S.A. - Engineers - Designers - Manufacturers
- Condition is used with wear as might be expected: Slate: small chips on edges, larger chipping on back especially at top and bottom left side corners. Metal: terminal nuts corroded - 5 are missing. Porcelain sockets - one has a large area broken from the side. The end of one bakelite handle is broken and not attached to the copper arm at that point. Very good condition for age. Rare!
$199 Cash on Pickup
- A little info: Mutual Electric & Machine Company relocated to Detroit from Wheeling WV circa 1915. They manufactured Bull Dog knife switches, switchboards, panelboards, and electrical controlling and distributing apparatus. They changed the company name to Bull Dog Electric Products Company in 1927 and remained in Detroit for more than four decades.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping