Vintage Golliwog Black Storybook Doll handmade England 1965 w provenance EUC 15"
This old cloth Golliwog doll is 50 years old, handmade, and in excellent condition. It was probably never played with.
- Tag sewn inside jacket says it was made in 1965 from a pattern found in Woman's Realm Weekly, a British weekly women's magazine first published in 1958.
- The tag is hand written, tells the pattern it was made from, who made it and when, and who sent it (to the original owner).
- This doll is about 15 inches high.
- Purchased from an estate sale.
- In excellent condition.
- The Golliwog originated in a children's book published in 1895. The Golly became a beloved and popular character of which many rag dolls were made both commercial and handmade. They were most popular in England and Australia where they were considered, along with the lovable teddy bear, to be a suitable soft toy for young boys, as the Golly was a friendly male character with a kind face.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping