Scheaffer Balance Mechanical Pencil Marine Green Striated Striped 1937-1942
Vintage Scheaffer Balance mechanical pencil in Marine Green Striated celluloid (color made from 1937 until end of line in 1942) and gold colored (plated) clip & point end.
- Lead feeds out and back in again properly by twisting body sections.
- Clear light impression around center of body: Scheaffer's Made in U.S.A. Pat'd in U.S.A. 250 (refers to the price range)
- Short humped pocket clip with flat ball.
- Pocket clip is marked: Scheaffer's.
- Eraser is worn down flat and has darkened/hardened over time.
- There are more leads inside. I can hear them moving when I shake the pencil.
- 4-7/8" long.
- Some plating loss both sides of flat ball on clip. With a magnifier, I can see tiny light lines from normal use on the celluloid surface. I would say it's in very good condition though... still shiny with no major defects.
- We have never used it. We bought it from an estate sale over 30 years ago for our collection of beautiful vintage plastics and have just kept it in a case and admired it.
$14.99 Shipping $2.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only