Mid Century Art Pottery Sgraffito Carved Zebra Pattern Vase Vtg Wekara Germany
Vintage mid-century art pottery vase with carved abstract zebra pattern design is impressed on base: Wekara Handarbeit 4 / 10.
- It measures 4" high x 5" in diameter at the widest.
- Red clay body is coated with white slip, then brown slip, then sgrafitto carved through the brown to show the white underneath.
- Purchased from an estate sale but it has been well cared for and is in very good condition... no chips, cracks or repairs.
- Handarbeit means handwork.
- Wekara stands for Wilhelm E. Krumeich from Ransbach, Hesse-Nassau, Prussia.
- Some online research says Wekara was a distributor, not a manufacturer, of pottery (including steins) made by various companies including Villeroy & Boch, Mettlach, Marzi & Remy, and others. So the maker of this vase remains unknown.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping