Bakelite clock Case Butterscotch Marbled for Picture Frame or Art Project Tested
This great looking 1930's vintage bakelite clock or barometer case would make a great picture frame or enclosure for art or craft project.
- The case is dark brown or black with marbled swirls of orangey butterscotch.
- The base is dark orangey butterscotch. You can see a range of lighter shades it was earlier. Radio collectors often clean off this surface oxidation to the desired shade with Simichrome.
- Tests positive for bakelite with Simichrome.
- It has a metal bezel ring that once covered the clear window or face covering. It could be used that way again to hold glass, acetate or plastic cover.
- Measurements: Almost 4" high (3-15/16"). 4-3/4" wide at base. 1-1/4" front to back at base. Marbled section is 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 x 4/8" thick.
- Old price tag remnant on base.
- Very good, as found, condition... no chips, cracks, or repairs.
- Purchased from an estate sale about 30 years ago. It has been in our collection of irresistible bakelite and catalin objects since then.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping