Riggs & Bro US Navy Binoculars Neptune 8X Philadelphia France Antique Nautical
Antique Riggs & Brother Philadelphia US Navy leather wrapped brass binoculars have several marks as follows:
- Riggs & Bro. Philadelphia
- Eyepieces are marked: Neptune.
- US Navy 17497 - on cylinder which can be seen when eye shades are pulled out.
- Power 8 Times
- Made in France
- They are in good operational condition with clear viewing.
- Central focusing knob adjustment.
- Full cylinder pull-out eye shades.
- Side lugs for attaching a strap.
- Binoculars are brass with sewn leather wrappings... some stitching has come undone, small spots where leather is cracking.
- Eye pieces are an unknown material, possibly horn, gutta percha, or other similar antique material. They are translucent at edges where there are some chipped and missing bits; also a crack.
- Fixed width is 5.25". The length is 5.75" with eyepieces all the way in and shades not employed; 7" long when eyepieces are all the way out; 8-3/8" when both eyepieces and shades are all the way out.
- Comes with bottom section of old leather case; the lid is long gone.
- Purchased from an estate sale.
$45.00 Shipping $12.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only