1940s Pink Moon Glow Pearls Graduated Beads Necklace Lucite Cats Eye Vtg 17.5 in
This beautiful strand of 1940's moon glow pearls is a necklace made of luminescent pink lucite beads.
- The beads are a graduated strand knotted in-between each.
- Necklace measures 17.5" long.
- Largest bead measures about 15 mm - the smallest about 8 mm.
- The pinch clasp is hidden inside a bead and clicks into place so you know it's fastened.
- In very good condition.
- Purchased from an estate sale over 30 years ago. It has been in my collection ever since.
These moonstone-like beads were once called DuPont Pearls as the formula originated with the DuPont company. They have more recently been called Moon Glow pearls, based on a 1941 patent obtained by the Richelieu company for a lucite bead with simulated moonstone, cat's eye, star sapphire and similar effects, a combination formula they purchased from DuPont that Richelieu called by various names including Satinore. Coro also produced a similar product.
$12.00 Shipping $2.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only