Compo Doll Orig Polonaise Dress Poke Bonnet Pantaloons Purse 1850's Victorian
Here is an antique composition doll with her original early to mid 19th century style clothing: a ribboned polonaise dress with underskirt, a poke bonnet, lace trimmed split crotch pantaloons, lace reticule purse, 1 lace sleeve glove, lace trimmed cotton slip and she also has socks and shoes.
- We do not know who made her or when she was made.
- She is 10" high.
- Jointed arms, legs, and head.
- Her face and hair is painted.
- Paint is chipping off of the side-glancing eyes.
- Lots of lace and ribbon trim on clothing. Dress and bonnet are also trimmed with chains of tiny colorful thread flowers.
- Her clothing is wrinkled and stained. She is missing one glove. There is a rip in back of the satin underskirt.
- The clothes are sewn on. I could not see any marks anywhere and I didn't want to try to remove them to check for a maker's name.
- Some pale crackles in surface finish.
- Tips of fingers are worn. Crack along edge of fingers left hand.
- She's a neat old doll who needs some TLC. We were happy to rescue her. Wouldn't you like to give her a good home>
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping