Victorian Photo Album Wood Cover Bird's Eye Maple Unusual Adjustable Acorn Clasp
Here is a wonderful Victorian era photo album with beautifully grained wooden covers, bird's eye maple inset on front cover, and an unusual clasp with a jewel-like acorn that adjusts by screwing up and down to make the clasp hold tighter or looser.
- It holds 36 photographs.
- Some openings are semi-rectangular. Some are oval.
- Pretty end papers in gold designs on black.
- Heavy cardboard pages - some are tan and some are green all with gold borders.
- Page edges are gilded.
- 4 metal feet on back cover.
- Spine is worn. It might be cloth, leather, paper or a combination of these.
- A couple of pages at front and back of book have light brown foxing.
- A couple of torn places around the open frames.
- Some scratches on covers from storage and handling.
- Split in wood on back cover.
- With a little effort and TLC it could be restored. It's a beautiful and unusual piece. I've not seen another like it. Purchased from an estate sale.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping