Alfred Meakin Passenger Pigeon Cup & Saucer Set Birds of America 1930's Vintage
This cup and saucer set showing Passenger Pigeons as depicted by John James Audubon in his folio, The Birds of North America, was made by Alfred Meakin pottery in Tunstall, England.
- Online research shows this is an early mark, used from 1930 until 1941.
- Saucer is marked with green underglaze stamp: Crown logo, Alfred Meakin England. Cup is impressed: England.
- Raised pattern of flowers and leaves outside of cup and on top of saucer.
- Single male bird inside cup. Pair of birds courting on saucer... he gives her a gift of a seed or berry.
- Some light signs of age/use: a couple of unstained crackle lines inside cup; a sprinkle of light brown dots on handle. Very good condition... no chips, cracks or repairs.
- Purchased from an estate sale.
$18.00 Shipping $7.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping