1944 Savannah Q-8 Sectional Aeronautical Chart AAF Pilot Map Air Defense Zones
Original March 23, 1944 Savannah (Q-8) Restricted Sectional Aeronautical Chart was purchased from a soldier's estate sale with a group of WWII Army Air Force items:
- It was compiled and printed at Washington D.C. by the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey under authority of the Secretary of Commerce.
- It is marked: WARNING: Due to war conditions, lights, radio facilities and other aids to air navigation may be changed or discontinued without notice.
- Purple overlays show active air defense and danger zones, vectors show radio range, hazzard areas, and a key to specifics such as airports, seaplane ports, beacons, radio stations, etc.
- Folds out to about 48" wide x 24.5" high.
- Folded size is about 12.25" x 8". There is an additional crease line to this proper folded size where it had been folded smaller in the past.
- There are some notations in pencil around the map title and some smudge marks in the opposite informational corner but it is in very good condition otherwise. Colors are bright. It's a neat map!
$24.99 Shipping $2.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only