50's 60's Vintage Regimental Stein w Lithophane German Navy Torpedo Boat 1907-10
We purchased this regimental German stein with lithophane and figural pewter lid from a man who brought it back from Germany in the 1970's. We've done a little research and found that it is probably a commemorative reproduction made in the 1950's or 60's by Karl Rau.
- The solder joint holding the lid to the lifter has broken along the solder line. It is a very clean separation so could probably be re-soldered by someone who knows how. It would also make a fine display as it is because the lid sits properly on the stein without the solder break showing.
- The porcelain is in excellent condition... no chips, cracks or repairs.
- The ceramic part of the stein measures almost 7" high x 4-5/8" diameter at base.
- There are no marks on the base.
- Total height with lid in place is 10-7/8"
- Top reads: 1.Hochsee Torpedoboots-Flotille Wilhelmshafen 1907-1910 which means 1st High Sea Torpedo Boat Flotilla Wilhelmshafen
- Bottom reads: Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit which means Souvenir of My Service
- And below is: Mtr Lahusen which is Seaman Lahusen. His name is also included in the list of seamen to the right of the ship.
- Finial is a sailor with mustache holding a flag with German Cross in upper left and partial German Imperial Eagle in center.
- Rampant lion with cross hatched shield lid lifter
- Great looking graphics of the torpedo boat, other ships and submarine, sailors, flags, and blue twisted rope on handle and banding at top and bottom.
" Shipping -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping