4 Signed Art Deco Czech Belt Buckles +12 Glass Gems 1930's Vintage NOS Old Stock
Here are 4 Art Deco belt buckles made of Czechoslovakian glass in various colors, 12 of the glass gems with which they were made, and 1/2 of an amethyst purple glass buckle that is the last of its color. They are old store stock that had never been sold. They were among the many interesting items in a large group of vintage jewelry and women's accessories that I purchased from a man who rescued them from the basement storage of a 1930's-40's New York City dress shop when the building was demolished about 30 years ago. Descriptions follow:
- 1/2 buckle - amethyst purple glass gem - small rectangular octagon - 1" x 3/4"
- 1 buckle - dark green glass gems (small rectangular octagons) - 1-1/2" wide x 1" high - marked: Made in Czechosl ("made in" was required by the US beginning in 1914)
- 2 gems - dark green glass like those used in the buckle described above - 1" x 3/4"
- 1 buckle - emerald green glass gems (large rectangular octagons) 3" wide x 1" high - marked on the metal: Czecho-Slovakia (1920's)
- 4 gems - 2 light turquoise & 2 amber yellow glass like those used in the buckle described above - 1.5" x 15/16"
- 1 buckle - bright amber multi-faceted rectangular foil back glass gems set in brass surround with fancy edges - 2" wide and 1-1/4" high - marked in the metal: Czechoslovakia 81 and GesGesch81 (meaning registered or patented)
- 1 buckle - emerald green multi-faceted rectangular foil back glass gems set in brass surround with fancy edges - 2" wide and 1-1/4" high - marked in the metal: Czechoslovakia 81 and GesGesch81 (meaning registered or patented)
- 6 gems triangle shape - 3 emerald green & 3 yellow amber - each side measures 1", side to point measures 7/8" high. I have sold all of the buckles I had that were made with these gems
There is slight clouding to the glass in the foil back buckles. There are 2 flakes on side edge of biggest green buckle near prongs probably from the tool used to bend prongs when setting the gems. Some of the loose gems have slight manufacturing imperfections. Many of the loose gems have tiny flakes or chips on their outer edges or points. The buckles are, for the most part, in very good condition.
Shipping " -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping