Stock- 7 Old BAKELITE STOCK-2-Tone-Chunks-Jewelry-Radio Knobs
Here are 7 assorted pieces of vintage bakelite stock which we purchased many years ago. Surfaces have scratches and dull spots in some places. Some yellows and 2-tones have darker surface staining and will need to be buffed and/or polished. They are as they were made or cut, with saw marks showing and some melt marks on ends. Measurements as follows:
Great stuff for making jewelry, radio knobs, and other artistic projects!
- yellow rectangular chunk - 3" x 1-1/4" x 7/8" thick. Saw marks both ends.
- curved wing shaped marbled butterscotch - 4-1/8" long x 1-7/8" wide x 3/4" at thickest tapering to 1/8".
- 2-tone clear blue and yellow opaque probably for flatware - 3-5/8" long x 1/2" thick, tapering from 9/16" wide at yellow end to 5/8" thick at blue end.
- emerald green curved piece originally intended for cabinet or drawer handles. 4-1/4" wide x 1/2". 1/2" thick at ends. 1/4" thick in center.
- black rod with yellow marbling - 6-1/4" long x 1/2" diameter
- cherry red faceted fan style flatware handle type piece - 2-7/8" long x 3/4" at wide end x 1/2" at narrow end. Indent in narrow end where they intended to drill an opening in which to insert a stainless utensil.
- sheet of rust red with mottled orange - 8-1/2" x 11" x 1/16" thick (This piece was my father's. He worked for RCA. It was probably for use in radio, electronics, or circuit boards of some type). There are surface scratches, many on one side, not very many on the other, also some tape marks. It tests positive for bakelite with the scrubbing bubbles test... as do all of the other pieces.
Shipping " -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
Go to top of page I
Site Map I
Item index I
Will sell United States Only- Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only
NO International sales- NO International Shipping