Postcard 11 Vintage Postcards Easter Christmas Embossed Germany
Here are 11 vintage holiday postcards: 6 Easter, 2 Christmas, 2 New Year's and 1 Thanksgiving. Two have undivided backs, one postmarked 1904, one dated 1910. Most are circa 1909-1914, but one is postmarked 1926 and one 1936. All came from one estate sale. All are postally sent except one. Most have have worn or bumped corners and areas of browning on backs. Other condition details will be included next to each. They are as follows:
- Easter with padded cloth chick pulling a golden egg in cart full of flowers; embossed; undivided back; hand dated March 27, 1910. It is addressed with a stamp but has no postmark. The card is thick, made with 2 pieces of cardstock together. Cloth on chick is worn on high spots at unravelling at beak. A few small spots of gold loss on chick's toes and cart wheel.
- Easter Greetings - Farm scene with hens & chicks in egg shaped window; marked: Printed in Saxony No. 693; Embossed; postmarked 1909
- Easter Greetings - Pussy willows with brook scene; marked: Printed in Germany GKG logo 285; postmarked 1911; tan stains; loss of top layer of paper at all corners
- With Loving Easter Wishes - Embossed; Ocean scene with sailboat & rowboat on beach with silver cross and violets; marked Printed in Germany with AMB or MAB logo; postmarked 1911.
- A Joyous Easter - Chick head and forget-me-nots bursting through an envelope; textured paper with more cloth-like feel; marked Series 82E; postmarked 1916
- Easter Greetings in red flocking with mushrooms; marked: Serie 2109 Printed in Germany; addressed but postally unsent.
- Christmas - With Best Wishes for A Merry Christmas from Elsie (name filled in with handwritting); Undivided back; marked: This Side is Exclusively for the Address; postmarked 1904. Round white at top edge is paper loss from surface; wrinkle in middle right.
- Christmas Greetings with choir, church window, poinsettias - Embossed; marked: Made in U.S.A. W-34; postmarked 1931
- New Year's - With Best New Year Wishes with small winter scene and roses; Embosssed; marked: Printed in Germany; postmark date is not legible
- New Year's Wishes with poem and winter scene - marked: Made in U.S.A.; postmarked 1926; light brown stains on front and white areas of bug damage on back
- Thanksgiving Day Is... with poem and scene with cottage - marked: Publisher G.K. Prince, Buffalo, N.Y. All rights reserved 464 and Individuality is the touch that tells Prince Message Cards; postmarked 1914.
See our other listings for more postcards from this estate.
12.00 Shipping 3.00 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only