Antique Pocket Mirror Drosten Diamonds Watches Jewelry Eyes Tested Free St Louis
This antique pocket mirror advertises: Fred W. Drosten Diamonds, Watches, Jewelry, Solid Silverware, Expert Repairing, Eyes Tested Free. Fullerton Building, Cor. 7th & Pine Sts.
- The mirror measures 1-7/8" in diameter.
- Mirror has light wear to the silvering with a couple of dark dots.
- Metal frame is dented and has surface wear.
A little info from online research about Fred Drosten & Fullerton Building:
- The location of this business was St. Louis, MO.
- The Fullerton Building was built in 1897, fell into disrepair and was demolished circa 1965. Architect - William A. Swasey.
- Drosten's occupied the entire Pine Street front of the building.
- Drosten was a St. Louis native, served a 2 year jewelry apprenticeship at Washington University, and then 3 years studying watchmaking.
- He started his business in 1880 and moved to the Fullerton Building in 1898.
- He retired as President of the Missouri Society of Retail Jewelers in 1921.
14.99 Shipping 2.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only