Alfred Meakin Carolina Turtle Dove Cup Saucer Set Birds of America 1930s Vintage
This cup and saucer set showing Carolina Turtle Doves as depicted by John James Audubon in his folio, The Birds of North America, was made by Alfred Meakin pottery in Tunstall, England.
- Online research shows this is an early mark, used from 1930 until 1941.
- Saucer is marked with green underglaze stamp: Crown logo, Alfred Meakin England. Cup is impressed: England.
- Raised pattern of flowers and leaves outside of cup and on top of saucer.
- Single bird inside cup. Pair of birds on saucer with flower.
- Some light signs of age/use: Cup has a sprinkle of light brown dots on rim and a very tiny chip on rim about 1 inch from handle (as viewed with handle to the right side). Saucer has a few small dots and short lines of color loss on the birds. All else is in good condition... no big chips, no cracks and no repairs.
- Purchased from an estate sale.
12.00 Shipping 7.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only