11 Buckles Clips Dress Ornaments 1940's NOS not perfect but unique 3 signed
Here are eleven 1940's vintage dress ornaments (3 are signed with makers name)... belt buckles, dress/fur clips, sew-ons, scarf holder, and other doo-dads. They were old store stock that survived the demolition of an old 1930's-40's New York City dress shop. They were among the many interesting items in a large group of vintage jewelry and women's accessories that I purchased about 30 years ago from the man who rescued them. They are not perfect. Some have darkened in places, some have light surface wear or compromised finish... but most are in fairly good condition. I'll make notes about condition next to each. Descriptions and sizes follow:
- belt buckle - carved wood with celluloid fasteners - 3" x 1-3/4"
- belt buckle - textured metal with enameled black corners - 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" - prong has darkened and turned green
- sew-on golden circle with 2 birds - unknown material - 3" diameter - wear/darkening to surface gilding
- dress clip marked: Kingsburg Weber NY - braided leather and metal - 3" long
- ornament - 2 connected metal sections with fiber wrapped balls marked: Kingsburg Weber NY - 5-3/4" x 2-1/2"
- ornament with curled leaves - metal marked: Ben Meltzer Inc. NY. -2-3/4" x 2"
- sew-on golden circle with 2 birds - unknown material - 3-1/8" diameter - wear on & crack in surface gilding
- belt buckle - celluloid over metal - 1-1/2 x 1-1/2"
- flower coppery metal with red glass star gem - missing metal torn from back possibly where clip or other fastener was once attached - 2-1/4" diameter
- scarf holder - about 1" x 1"
- dress clip - weird painted brass bug with metal mesh area that once held wired on pearls (some are still there but finish on them has worn) - 1-3/4" x 2" - this item is in worse condition than the others but it's so unusual and could be refurbished to make a great looking clip. This was the only one like it in the whole lot that I purchased.
They are not in perfect condition but they are neat looking... and historical... fun to see so many different ornaments from the forties. They could possibly be incorporated into other jewelry, craft or art projects... or just an interesting collection.
18.00 Shipping 5.99 -Will Ship United States Lower 48 States Only